Monday, August 17, 2009

XQuery End to End Sample for XML Feature Pack (Demo #5)

So far in the XML Feature Pack demos, I have talked about topics such as the introduction to the feature pack, specific features in how to use the feature packs, and demonstrations of XPath 2.0 and XSLT 2.0 in end to end web applications. Today I'll continue the demos building upon the same application used in previous demos - the Blog Comment Checker that mines data from blogger.com feeds (encoded in XML) and presents a web application that identifies problematic user supplied comments. I hope you'll see how different XQuery is as a language and how similar it is to concepts you might already know like SQL and JSP templating. I imagine, for some users, the learning curve of XQuery won't be near as steep as other XML processing languages.

Demo 5 - End to End XQuery 1.0 (Part 1)


Direct Link (HD Version)


Demo 5 - End to End XQuery 1.0 (Part 2)


Direct Link (HD Version)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was very interesting for me to read that blog. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more soon.