There is a download for Windows, Linux, AIX, z/OS, Linux for System Z, HP-UX, and Solaris.
You can find out about the features offered in the beta via the following links:
- Overall "What's New"
- What's new for Installers which includes a new unified installer and customization tools
- What's new for Developers with new servlet, EJB 3.1 JAXB/JAX-WS, JAX-RS, XML centric programming (XPath2/XSLT2/XQuery), SAML support as well as auto-deploy of apps in a monitored directory
- What's new for Administrators and Performance adding web service management support, high performance logging, and enhanced caching under JPA
- What's new for Security which adds security hardening
- What's new for Problem Determination
There are far too many features to list here on the blog, so hopefully the above gives you enough reason to give it a spin. See the InfoCenter for further information.
Go ahead, download the beta, try it out and leave feedback on the forum.