- Support for development and deployment of enterprise applications using OSGi
- Support for Enterprise OSGi specs around Web application, Blueprint and JPA
- The ability to update the individual bundles in an OSGi applications
- Support for integrating OSGi and Java EE applications using SCA
- Support for Java Persistence API 2, both from Java EE and OSGi applications
- Development tooling for OSGi and JPA2 via the Rational Application Developer beta
- Good performance increase measured using the SPECjEnterprise2010 benchmark.
Thursday, June 3, 2010
OSGi applications and JPA2 feature pack has gone GA
Releasing any product involves a lot of hard work, sleepless nights and the occasional lost weekend, so you'll understand why I am happy that the feature pack for OSGi Applications and JPA 2 is now GA and can be installed either from the web, or locally, using installation manager.
Some highlights of what we have delivered:
Download, use, enjoy!
P.S. There is an iFix available for the feature pack and we recommend you install it.
P.P.S. You'll need to have 220.127.116.11 of the application server and JDK to install the feature pack.